Mark your calendars! The 9th Annual Nebraska Wildland Fire Academy will be April 2-10, 2016, at Fort Robinson State Park near Crawford. Check this page regularly for updated information!
The Academy provides quality fire and incident management training at little or no cost, and utilizes the expertise of local, state and federal firefighters to ensure the fire training needs of Nebraska and the surrounding region are met.
The Academy continues to grow in students and classes offered. In 2015, 16 all hazard incident management team trainees from seven local, county, state and federal agencies and organizations were on hand to work on position task books and assist in the administration of NWFA. In addition, students from seven states and 24 federal, state and local agencies and fire departments registered for the nine-day event.
Registration is just $25 per student per day, with lodging available for as little as $25/night.
For more information, see the Nebraska Wildland Fire Academy
Brochure (large file, look for 2016 information soon)
Online registration page (coming soon!)
2016 courses being planned
- RT-130 Annual Fireline Safety Refresher
- S-130/S190/L-180 Basic Firefighting (weekend and weekday sections)
- S-131 Advanced Firefighter Training
- S-133 Look Up, Look Down, Look Around
- S-200 Initial Attack Incident Commander
- S-211 Portable Pumps and Water Use
- S-212 Wildland Fire Chain Saws
S-219 Ignition Operations
- S-236 Heavy Equipment Boss (NEW!)
- S-244 Field Observer (NEW!)
- S248 Status Check-In Recorder (NEW!)
- S-260 Incident Business Management (NEW!)
S-300 Extended Attack Incident Commander
- S-330 Task Force/Strike Team Leader
- S-341 GIS Specialist (NEW!)
- S-359 Medical Unit Leader (NEW!)
- S-390 Introduction to Fire Behavior Calculations
- S-490 Advanced Fire Behavior (NEW!)
- FI-110 Wildland Fire Observations, Origin Scene Protection
- I-300 Intermediate ICS
- I-400 Advanced ICS
- Chief Officer Bootcamp
EM101: Emergency Management for Elected/Senior Officials
Thanks to our NWFA partners!
Our sincere thanks to the folks from the following agencies and organizations for contributing to the success of the Nebraska Wildland Fire Academy: