The 8th Annual Nebraska Wildland Fire Academy will be April 11-19, 2015, at Fort Robinson State Park near Crawford. Registration will open soon!
The Academy provides high-quality fire and incident management training at little or no cost, and utilizes the expertise of local fire officers to ensure the fire training needs of western Nebraska and the surrounding region are met.
The Academy continues to grow each year, both in numbers of students and in classes offered. Last year more than 300 students from seven states and 44 federal, state and local agencies and fire departments registered for the nine-day event.
Registration is just $25 per student per day, with lodging available for as little as $25/night. Students who register prior to March 6, 2015 will receive a 20% discount ($20/day)!
For more information, see the Nebraska Wildland Fire Academy
Brochure (large file)
Online registration page (coming soon)
2015 planned courses (final listing available soon)
- M-410 Facilitative Instructor
- RT-130 Annual Fireline Safety Refresher
- RX-310 Introduction to Fire Effects
- L-958 All Hazards Operations Section Chief
- L-280 Followership to Leadership
- S-130/S190/L-180 Basic Firefighting
- S-131 Advanced Firefighter Training
- S-133 Look Up, Look Down, Look Around
- S-211 Portable Pumps and Water Use
- S-212 Wildland Fire Chain Saws
- S-215 Fire Operations in the Wildland Urban Interface
- S-230 Crew Boss
- S-231 Engine Boss (Single Resource)
- S-270 Basic Air Operations
- S-290 Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior
- S-336 Tactical Decision Making
- S-339 Division/Group Supervisor
- Chief Officer Bootcamp
- NWFA Incident Management Round Table
- Fire Weather, NWS Fire Weather Program
Thanks to our NWFA partners!
Our sincere thanks to the folks from the following agencies and organizations for contributing to the success of the Nebraska Wildland Fire Academy: