The 7th Annual Nebraska Wildland Fire Academy will be April 26-May 4, 2014, at Fort Robinson State Park near Crawford.
The Academy provides high-quality fire and incident management training at little or no cost, and utilizes the expertise of local fire officers to ensure the fire training needs of western Nebraska and the surrounding region are met.
The Academy continues to grow each year, both in numbers of students and in classes offered. Last year more than 300 students from seven states and 44 federal, state and local agencies and fire departments registered for the nine-day event.
Registration is just $20 per student per day, with lodging as little as $25/night and meals for $5 each. To encourage early registration, students who register prior to March 28, 2014 will receive a 25% discount ($15/day)!
For more information, see the Nebraska Wildland Fire Academy brochure (large file), poster, online registration page (now live!), or www.Facebook.com/NebraskaWildlandFireAcademy.
Please take a second to check out our 2014 NWFA Training Video too.
2014 NWFA courses
- FI-210 Wildland Fire Origin & Cause Determination
- ICS-300 Intermediate ICS
- ICS-400 Advanced ICS
- L-280 Followership to Leadership
- RT-130 Annual Fireline Safety Refresher
- S-130/S190/L-180 Basic Firefighting
- S-131 Advanced Firefighter Training
- S-133 Look Up, Look Down, Look Around
- S-200 Initial Attack Incident Commander
- S-212 Wildland Fire Chain Saws
- S-231 Engine Boss (Single Resource)
- S-234 Ignition Operations
- S-270 Basic Air Operations
- S-273 Single Engine Air Tanker Manager
- S-300 Extended Attack Incident Commander
- S-330 Task Force/Strike Team Leader
- S-390 Introduction to Fire Behavior Calculations
- Firefighters and Elected Officials: Their Responsibility in Fire Protection
- NWFA Incident Management Workshop
- Weather Spotters Course
Thanks to our NWFA partners!
Our sincere thanks to the folks from the following agencies and organizations for greatly contributing to the success of the Nebraska Wildland Fire Academy:
- Fort Robinson State Park
- Nebraska Emergency Management Agency
- State Fire Marshal Training Division
- Nebraska Society of Fire Service Instructors
- National Weather Service, Cheyenne Forecast Office
- National Park Service
- U.S. Forest Service, Pine Ridge Ranger District
- Crawford Volunteer Fire Department
- Gering Volunteer Fire Department
- Chadron Volunteer Fire Department
- Harrison Volunteer Fire Department
- Crawford Clipper/Harrison Sun