The 2008 Farm Bill mandated that each state conduct a comprehensive analysis of its forests. NFS, with the help of several partners, conducted an exhaustive effort to assess Nebraska's tree and forest resources and compiled this information into Nebraska's Statewide Forest Resource Assessment.
This document is the most comprehensive assessment of Nebraska's tree and forest resources ever conducted. As such, it provides a unique foundation upon which to develop long-term strategic goals and actions for sustainably managing our state's rural and community forest resources. In addition to information about Nebraska's diverse tree and forest landscapes, the assessment details threats faced by our forests, as well as opportunities for using and improving our forests to provide valuable economic, environmental and social benefits.
The Strategy maximizes the effectiveness of current and emerging forestry-related programs by detailing goals and objectives for protecting, preserving and enhancing Nebraska's tree and forest resources.
Statewide Forest Resource Assessment & Strategy
- Appendix A - Nebraska Natural Legacy Project
- Appendix B - Statewide Forest Legacy Assessment of Need for the Nebraska Forest Legacy Program
- Appendix C - Pine Ridge Community Wildfire Protection Plan
- Appendix D - Wildcat Hills Community Wildfire Protection Plan
- Appendix E - Niobrara Community Wildfire Protection Plan
- Appendix F - Nebraska Forest Service Partners
- Appendix G - Nebraska Forest Stewardship Spatial Analysis Project
- Appendix H - Nebraska's Forest Areas
- Appendix I - Objectives & Priority Forest Areas
- Appendix J - Nebraska Forest Service Wood Waste Supply & Utilization Assessment