- Determining the Need to Fertilize Landscape Trees and Shrubs, University of Nebraska-Lincoln NebGuide G02-1466-A.
- Fertilizing Trees, Kansas State University Extension Publication.
- Fertilizing Trees & Shrubs, Colorado Plant Talk, Colorado State University Cooperative Extension Publication 1708.
A Guide for Fertilizing New and Established Trees in the Landscape, University of Minnesota Extension Service Publication
Top of Page
- Care of Newly Planted Trees, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Publication G94-1195-A.
- How to Prune Trees,USDA Forest Service Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry Publication NA-FR-01-95.
- Mature Tree Care, International Society of Arboriculture.
- Pruning Mature Trees, International Society of Arboriculture.
Pruning Young Trees, International Society of
Top of Page
- Basics of Tree Identification (Virginia Tech)
- ID It (Virginia Tech)
- National Register of Big Trees
- Native Pines of Eastern North America (North Carolina State University)
- Natural Resource Conservation Service Plants Database
- Tree Identification Key (Iowa State)
- Tree of the Month (Oregon State)
- Trees of the Pacific Northwest (Oregon State)
- Trees of the Upper Peninsula (Michigan State)
What Tree is That? (National Arbor Day Foundation)
Top of Page
- Forest Health , Nebraska Forest Service.
- Insects and Pests, University of Nebraska Extension Publications.
- Plant Diseases, University of Nebraska Extension Publications.
- Common Insect Pests of the Great Plains , National Agroforestry Center.
- Diseases of Trees in the Great Plains , National Agroforestry Center.
- Insect and Disease Leaflets, U.S. Forest Service.
- Insect Identification Lab, Virginia Tech.
- Kansas State University Extension Publications
- Ohio State University Extension Publications
- Ohio State University Plant Facts Database
Shade and Forest Insects, Clemson
Top of Page
- Broadleaf Trees for Nebraska, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Publication EC74-1737.
- Tree Planting Guide, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Publication EC82-1738.
- The Right Tree Handbook, Minnesota Power.
- Tree Selection, International Society of Arboriculture's "Trees are Good."
- Tree Selection, (1991) International Society of Arboriculture pamphlet.
Top of Page
Articles and Reports
- A Technical Guide to Urban and Community Forestry
- An Introductory Guide to Urban and Community Forestry Programs. (October 1993). United States Forest Service Forestry Report R8-FR 16
- Benefits of Urban Trees. (April 1990). United States Forest Service Forestry Report R8-FR 17.
- Coder, K. (October 1996). Identified Benefits of Community Trees and Forests.
- Kaplan, R. & Kaplan, S. (1989). The Experience of Nature: A Psychological Perspective. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Kuo, F. (May 2003). The Role of Arboriculture in a Healthy Social Ecology. Journal of Arboriculture, 29:3, 148-155.
- Kuo, F. (January 2001). Coping with Poverty: Impacts of Environment and Attention in the Inner City. Environment and Behavior, 33:1, 5-34.<
- Kuo, F. & Sullivan, W. (May 2001). Environment and Crime in the Inner City: Does Vegetation Reduce Crime?Environment and Behavior, 33:3, 343-367.
- Kuo, F.E. & Sullivan, W.C. (2001). Aggression and Violence in the Inner City: Impacts of Environment Via Mental Fatigue. Environment and Behavior, 33:4, 543-571.
- Kuo, F.E., Sullivan, W.C., Coley, R.I. & Brunson, L. (1998). Fertile Ground for Community: Inner-City Neighborhood Common Spaces. American Journal of Community Psychology, 26:6, 823-851.
- Lyman, F. (August 2002). The Geography of Health. Land & People Magazine.
- Taylor, A.F., Kuo, F. E. & Sullivan, W.C. (2001). Coping with ADD: The Surprising Connection to Green Play Settings. Environment & Behavior, 33:1, 54-77.
- Taylor, A.F., Kuo, F.E. & Sullivan, W.C. (2001). Views of Nature and Self-Discipline: Evidence from Inner-City Children. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 21.
- The Forest Resources of Nebraska, (August 1998). United States Forest Service Research Paper NC-332.
- Ulrich, R. (1984). View Through a Window May Influence Recovery from Surgery. Science, 224, 420-421.
- Wolf, K. (2004). Public Value of Nature: Economics of Urban Trees, Parks and Open Space in Miller, D. & Wise, J. (Eds.) Design with Spirit: Proceedings of the 35 th Annual Conference of the Environmental Design Research Association. Edmond, Oklahoma .
- Wolf, K. (July 2001). Tree Investment Brings Cities Many Happy Returns. Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce.
- Benefits of Trees
- Benefits of Trees in Urban Areas
- Benefits of the Urban Forest
- Girls & Greenery: Views of Green Help Girls Succeed
- Growing with Green: Business Districts and the Urban Forest
- Nature Experiences: Readings and References on Human Benefits
- Trees in Business Districts: Comparing Values of Consumers and Business
- Trees in Business Districts: Positive Effects on Consumer Behavior!
- Twenty-Nine Reasons For Planting Trees
- Urban Forest Values: Economic Benefits of Trees in Cities
- Urban Forestry: A Manual for the State Forestry Agencies in the Southern Region
- Urban Nature Benefits: Psycho-Social Dimensions of People and Plants
- Nebraska Forest Service Community Forestry Program
- American Forests
- International Society of Arboriculture
- Midwest Center for Urban and Community Forestry
- Trees: Arbor Day Foundation
- Nature and Consumer Environments
- Plant-It 2020!
- Tree Values
- Urban and Community Forestry Publications and Information
- Urban Forestry Database
- Urban Forestry and Human Benefits
- Urban Forestry South
NSA Graduate Student Research Award
Form - deadline June 27