The Nebraska Forest Service offers many resources that are of interest to municipalities in Nebraska.
This page is intended on directing municipalities to those resources. It is not comprehensive, but is an overview or "starting point."
- The Forest Health program maintains a listing of the most prominent pest problems in Nebraska along with the trees that are affected, control recommendations, and timing.
- Emerald Ash Borer threatens thousands of ash trees in Nebraska. Stay up-to-date here.
- NFS coordinatesTree Care Workshops across the state each year. Developed specifically for public works employees, landscape managers, tree board volunteers, arborists, nursery and green industry professionals and landscape enthusiasts, these full-day workshops cover emerging issues in tree and landscape care.
- CTAP, the Community Forest Inventory Program.
- ReTree Nebraska seeks to plant one million trees in Nebraska by 2017.
- ReTree grants are available to assist in tree-planting efforts.
- Tree City USA provides direction, technical assistance, public attention and national recognition for urban and community forestry programs.
- See our Calendar for upcoming events.