GPBI aims to improve biochar awareness and market development in the Great Plains. This grant initiative is funded by the USDA Forest Service and is a partnership between the Nebraska Forest Service, Kansas Forest Service, Wilson Biochar Associates, and High Plains Biochar, LLC.
The goals of the initiative are:
- Provide hands-on learning experiences with industry experts
- Provide technical assistance to individuals and organizations interested in utilizing or producing biochar
- Host biochar workshops and trainings
- Offer biochar production and utilization grants
- Identify new markets for biochar
- Promote existing biochar market opportunities
Interested in learning more about biochar? For more information on upcoming workshops and events, see our events calendar. If you don’t see an upcoming event that meets your needs, contact us to set up a workshop or speaking engagement.
For questions about the Great Plains Biochar Initiative or biochar and related topics, don’t hesitate to reach out.