GPBI aims to improve biochar awareness and market development in the Great Plains. This grant initiative is funded by the USDA Forest Service and is a partnership between the Nebraska Forest Service, Kansas Forest Service, Wilson Biochar Associates, and High Plains Biochar, LLC.
The goals of the initiative are:
- Provide hands-on learning experiences with industry experts
- Provide technical assistance to individuals and organizations interested in utilizing or producing biochar
- Host biochar workshops and trainings
- Offer biochar production and utilization grants
- Identify new markets for biochar
- Promote existing biochar market opportunities